Monday, July 25, 2016

More Brits are having cosmetic surgery just to look good on hols

Body-conscious Brits have forked out on everything from liposuction to facelifts and even underarm Botox injections to prevent dreaded sweat marks

Soaring numbers of trippers have been rushing to get cosmetic surgery so they look good in their holiday snaps.

Clinics have reported a 20 per cent rise in nip-and-tuck bookings from both sexes.

TV’s Loose Women panellist Saira Khan, 46, and Steps singer Claire Richards, 38, have both had cosmetic procedures in order to look good on holiday.

Saira had laser hair removal at London’s Harley Street Skin Clinic and is thrilled with the results.

She said: “I’ve spent a fortune suffering the pain of getting waxed every three weeks, only to have the ‘stubble’ start to grow a week later.

“I’ve had my underarms, bikini area and legs done and this is the first summer where I’m enjoying my clothes, bikinis and sleeveless T-shirts whenever I want because I’m not thinking about hair.”

Singer Claire had Botox in her armpits to stop sweat marks on her clothes.

She said: “When a friend told me about Botox under the arms I laughed, but I tried it and loved it.”

Claire, who has battled with her weight over the years, added: “The injections were a godsend when I was bigger, now I just love the freshness of it, especially in the heat.

“When people ask if I have Botox I say yes – I just don’t have it where they probably expect.”

The Harley Street Skin Clinic, run by anti-ageing expert Lesley Reynolds, treated 3,000 patients last month and has seen a 34 per cent rise in people having the same procedure as Claire.

Lesley said: “We’ve seen a real upturn in pre-holiday surgery. People want to look good in snaps.

“We’ve seen a 15 per cent rise in facelifts and a 70 per cent rise in thread lifts, a non surgical facelift.” But it’s not just the rich and famous forking out. Manchester gran Chris Little, 60, spent more than £4,000 on a lower face and neck lift. She said: “I hated picking the grandkids up from school and feeling I looked older than everyone else. I usually take the family abroad but this year I decided to spend it on a new face and take the kids to the seaside at home instead. It won’t be the Costa sun but I’ll be smiling.”

Seb Ferrerai, 27, of London, shifted 90lbs to be a fitness trainer, but was left with loose tum skin.

He had BodyTite, a procedure using radio frequency to tighten tissue with heat. Seb said: “I’m really happy with my physique.”

Cosmetic surgery procedures in Britain rose almost 5,000 last year to 51,140. Top op was breast enlargement, followed by eyelid surgery, face and neck lifts.



Grace Macaskill


No comments:

Post a Comment